Monday 5 March 2012

Lights, Camera, Fashion: The 84th Academy Awards (2012 Oscurs) No.1 The Risk Takers


Here they are the interesting ladies of the evening, the ones that stick in my head for good reasons and sometimes bad. 3 completely different looks on 3 very different women. Take a look at who I've chosen and why. (All photos in this post are courtesy of oscurs.go.com, I did not take these photos).



Judy Greer
I'm sure you've heard of the expression "fits like a glove" well the photo above couldn't be more perfect for that saying. Why it's a risk? No one really mixes a bold silver metalic panel with silk or cotton and here is an example of taking a risk and doing it right. Judy Greer in Monique Lhuillier looks sultry and her body is to die for. This isn't really a dress you'd expect to see on the red carpet and that's why I love it.


Jessica Chastain
I already know not many people would love this dress but I'm a sucker for art on clothes which only means one designer is known for this, Alexander McQueen. I love the detail and it's structure, black on the red carpet can sometimes be boring and very repetative (but it doesn't have to be). The yellow/gold detail stands out on the dress so beautifully and the dress fits amazing on her body.


Gwyneth Paltrow
Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford (need I say more). This may be to fashion foward for some people but this dress has fashion risk written all over it, why you ask? What lady would wear a long shoulder jacket on top of a simple white Tom Ford gown? Gwyneth that's who. It's a very strong dress and it meets masculinity with femmenity.



Lady T XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment