Wednesday 29 December 2010

Lauren Conrad Style

So Iv'e made a deal with myself that at the end of each month I'll buy myself a style/fashion book and write a review on it. So today's style book I'll be reviewing is "Lauren Conrad's Style". I bought this book as a little christmas present to myself and I also thought it would be an interesting read. We first saw Lauren appear on our screens in 2004 on MTV's reality TV show "Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County" after the series ended Lauren came back onto our screens in 2006 but this time it was on MTV's hit reality TV show "The Hills", ever since then let's just say the rest is stylish history.


Lauren Conrad is considered one of the most stylish women in Hollywood, ever since we saw her on our MTV screens girls and women everywhere wanted to tune in not just for the drama, but to see what Miss Conrad would be wearing and how she would be wearing it. Ever since the show ended Lauren has launched her own clothing line self tilted LC by Lauren Conrad which is available at Khols in the USA and also bought out her own style book this year. 




                    "the secret to looking fabulous and having fun with fashion"




The book is packed full of beautiful photographs and fun playful outfits, it's a great style guide with Lauren's guidance. Lauren discusses her experiences in the fashion industry and what she has learned from it. My favourite section of the book was the fashion credits which is a break down of every single outfit that Lauren is wearing through out the book in each photo, I love it because it shows how open Lauren's wardrobe was, she had clothes from all kinds of retail stores.


The book starts off with wardrobe essentials: the white-collared shirt, the black boots, the dark-wash jeans, skirt, black heels, coat, blazer, white and black tops and of course the little black dress. Lauren then gives tips and tricks for your everyday classics: how to find the perfect pair of jeans, mixing patterns, how to find a flattering casual t-shirt. There are also chapters where she looks at makeup and jewellery.  


The chapter sections in the book are very clever and useful. There are sections on understanding your wardrobe, what to pack when traveling for the weekend or a summer holiday and how to shop. I found the book a fun read and I have learned some cool tricks that I'll use in the near future, the photos are cool to look at and there are a lot of variety of photos.
RRP, £14.99 hardcover. 


I'm going to rate this book 7 out of 10.


Lady T XxX



No comments:

Post a Comment