Thursday 2 February 2012

Lights, Camera, Fashion: 2012 Screen Actors Guild Awards (SAG) No.1 The Risk Takers

The risk takers are the ones we never forget because of their unique and sometimes outrageous choices. This year a lot of those risk takers were in black, white and grey (black + white = grey). I wasn't that impressed with the risk takers this year, I found them very boring and not that inspiring, but hey, at least they tried. From leather panels, to thick brown belts and lets not forget those feathers. (All the photos in this post are courtesy of Just Jared, I did not take these photos).



Emilia Clarke 
Why is this dress a risk? Well there is so much going on, only certain women can pull this off and to be honest I don't think Emilia is one of them. There is a lot going on in this Chanel dress but I feel like she's not wearing the dress and the dress is wearing her. From it's structure up top and feathers at the bottom it's a risky Chanel dress.


Heather Morris
The ladies of Glee never fail to disappoint and check out Heather in this Masai Payan dress. She's a huge fan of the designer as this is the 3rd time I've seen her in her garments. Why is this a risk? Well look at it,  off the shoulder, leather panels, see through mesh and an open back with silver open toe heels (that's a risk in it's self). I think Heather looks really nice and so confident. The risk being there is so much going on with the dress. 



Meryl Streep
I love Meryl and this year she decided to go for Vivienne Westwood couture gown. I don't think it's her best choice on the red carpet, but I love she dresses age appropriate and she embraces her age. The risk being the colour and the thick brown belt, I think she gets away with it because it's Meryl, but hey, she looks happy and comfortable, what more could you ask for on the red carpet. 



Lady T XxX




No comments:

Post a Comment