Saturday 1 January 2011

Takawira's 5 favourite items for January 2011

After weeks of rummaging through fashion magazines and surfing the Internet I've managed to find my top 5 favourite items for surviving this months birthdays, diners, parties and social networking events. You've gotta look good no matter where you are so here are my favourite items that I'll be splashing out on: 


1) No girl can go anywhere without a sexy blazer so here you are ladies the new and improved blazers with a twist. These blazers are perfect for dressing up any outfit, the tuxedo look is perfect for diners, dates and even galmming it up at a birthday party (but make sure you don't look better than the birthday girl/guy). You can get these style blazers from any high-street store, they come in many different colours from kaki, dusty pink, black and white etc. 





2) Leopard print platform heels. I was never a big fan of leopard print and over the last year it has grown on me drastically. I think the main thing that puts me off leopard print is how people wear it and being in the area I live in (Essex if you haven't already guessed) some individuals can make it look very chavy and more of a uniform than a statement item. There are so many different types of leopard prints, when choosing the right one ladies make sure you keep it to a minimum with the rest of your outfit. I.E. If your wearing the heels above keep the rest of the outfit plain and simple (nothing too busy), if your wearing a dress keep everything simple and classic and not too much junk jewellery. 




3) I'm loving these sexy lace shorts, great with or without tights. Will look perfect with a bright coloured blouse or a simple vest top, depending on the occasion you'll look stunning as the detail on these shorts are ones not to be missed. 


Zara Leopard print prom dress £19.99 - in store only 

4) My favourite of the 5 items (I'm sure you can guess why) is this mustard leopard print dress. I love the colour and I know it will complement my skin tone, will look great with a leather biker jacket and black heels or dress it down with a black boyfriend cardigan and black ballet pumps. This dress is only available in store. 



5) Keeping it simple with peg leg trousers. The best thing about these black trousers are that they are black, which means they'll go perfect with anything. For a casual look keep it simple with a plain white t-shirt, grey blazer and some colourful ballet pumps or brogues to add some colour to the outfit. For a going out look, try a strapless tube top, sky high heels and a leather jacket. 


So there you have it ladies and gents my favourite items for January 2011, I know I'm buying all these, what are your 5 favourites? 

Lady T XxX



No comments:

Post a Comment